Coconut oil has been at the centre of the wellness world for quite some time now. To get you started, here’s how you can experience the benefits of coconut oil on skin, with a beginner’s guide on how you can include coconut in your face care routine.
Benefits of coconut oil in face care
A natural ingredient giving you a glowing face in any season – summer, winter, monsoon – is this coco goodness. Doesn’t it make you wonder how you would like to use this ultra-soothing coconut oil in your face care routine? From the innumerable benefits of coconut oil for your face, here are some approved, accepted, and admired ones to give you the best to choose from:
- If you use coconut oil on your face, it helps diminish under-eye bags. It reduces puffiness and dark under-eye rings through its regular usage.
- Rich in antioxidants and good fatty acids, the oil keeps your skin soft, supple, and moisturised throughout all seasons.
- Apply coconut oil on your face to keep it smooth and nourished during the winters.
- An antioxidant-booster, coconut oil helps combat signs of premature ageing caused by free-floating radicals like pollution and UV rays.
- The greasy texture of coconut oil is widely used as a make-up remover, without irritating your skin.
The secret sauce of coconut oil
What you read above is probably something you have read before as well. The most popular benefits of coconut oil – it would even show up in your Google search for natural oils for the skin! So, what sets this elixir apart from the rest and makes it your go-to for a natural face glow? We are here to take you through the lesser-known benefits to know how to clean your face naturally at home with coconut oil.
- Face scrub: Like a gentle kiss on your skin, a coconut oil infused face scrub is all the enrichment your face needs. Mix one tablespoon of coconut oil with one tablespoon of brown sugar and massage your face for up to five minutes. Once you rinse it off with a washcloth and warm water and pat dry, you’ll notice a magically radiant complexion!
- Lip balm: Coconut oil absorbs quickly, which provides moisture to heal dry, chapped lips. A bonus of the uber-moisturising and soothing coconut oil is its yummy, tropical fragrance! Imagine a swirl of this fragrant smoothness on your lips – hello, nourished and new lips.
- Exfoliant: If you are looking for a do-it-yourself exfoliation in the comfort of your home, look no further. Mix it with a granular substance like sugar or coarse sea salt, rub it all over your face and wipe it with a warm, wet cloth. What you see in the mirror is a dead skin-free glowing and healthy face.
Have you tried the vitamin-rich elixir in your face care routine yet? Coconut oil is one of the most accessible and inexpensive ingredients you can try at home. If you would prefer to go for a product instead – the all-natural Coco Soul face products are your best bet, because you’ll find this miracle oil in all of them!